Sign On Bonus Available
LVN Charge Nurse (Licensed Vocational Nurse) is a licensed professional nurse directly under the supervision of the Director of Nursing Services.
The LVN Charge Nurse (Licensed Vocational Nurse) is responsible for coordinating daily administrative duties of an assigned nursing unit including schedules, nursing assignments, delegation of resident care and supervision of nursing staff.
LVN Charge Nurse (Licensed Vocational Nurse) Qualifications:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or an approved RN or LVN program
• Current nursing license, in good standing with the State licensing board
• Experience in a long-term care setting, preferred
• Strong qualities of leadership, communication, and organizational skills
• Ability to provide patient care in accordance with applicable standards, policies, and procedures
• Possess critical thinking skills to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate clinical data and observations in developing a nursing plan of care
• Comprehensive knowledge of applicable nursing principles, practices, and standards of care
• Possess the willingness to work with and supervise professional and nonprofessional personnel
• Proficiency of the English language including the ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the language with minimal to no difficulty
• Valid CPR certification
LVN Charge Nurse (Licensed Vocational Nurse) General Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined in the RN and/or LVN job description, the Charge Nurse will:
• Assume responsibility and oversight of an assigned nursing unit including assignment and coordination of nursing care.
• Provide supervision and support for nursing staff in accordance with their level of training and the resident’s acuity.
• Monitor for compliance of facility approved procedures and policies as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies
• Maintains overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and effective matter.
• Coordinates resident admissions, transfers, and discharges.
• Makes daily resident rounds to interview physical and emotional status and to implement any required nursing interventions.
• Routinely observes and guides direct patient care staff for appropriate technique and adherence to facility policies and procedures.
• Participates in Interdisciplinary care plan meetings and contributes to the individualized person-centered plan of care for each resident.
• Ensures that all safety and infection control practices are followed.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards as well as policies and procedures
• Assists with special projects or other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
• Communicates with patients and families promptly regarding treatment and care.
• Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department supervisors and staff.
• Meets with unit personnel, on a regular basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the improvement of services.
• Reviews and evaluates assigned personnel and makes written evaluations to the Director of Nursing and/or designee.
• Coordinates Nursing service with other departments and nursing units.
• Assures that all personnel follow established infection control practices and aseptic techniques when isolation procedures become necessary.
• Follows required coaching and progressive disciplinary procedures.
• Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech
• Functions as a role model to staff.
• Treats residents/family members with dignity and respect.
• Responds to resident and family concern(s) and assists in resolving grievances. Records grievances per facility policy
LVN Charge Nurse (Licensed Vocational Nurse) ADDITIONAL DUTIES
• Actively participates in the facility's Quality Assurance (QA) program as requested or needed. Assists in correcting findings and deficiencies from the Department of Health Services, Consultants, and the Quality Assurance Team as directed by the Director of Nursing.
· Ensures the protection of health information as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Participates in the facility’s Infection Control Program for monitoring communicable and/or infectious disease among residents and staff
• Participates in procedures for reporting hazardous conditions or equipment.
• Orients new staff members upon request
• Attends various facility meetings (care conferences, stand-up meetings, staff meetings, Medicare meetings, discharge plan meetings, etc.) as required
• Attends in-services and educational classes to maintain nursing skills competency, and current knowledge for standard of care and effective practices
• Performs other position-related duties as assigned.