Location: Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City
Status: Non Exempt, Full Time
What We Are looking For
In joining our team, you are joining a dynamic group of diverse individuals committed to the Corporal Works of Mercy. For us, what we do is much more than a job or a career. If you feel called to be of service, we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
Office Coordinator will provide a high level of support to the Cemetery Manager and Assistant Manager. Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the administration of Cemetery and grounds operations.
Because all Archdiocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Church in performing their work.
- Performs the duties of the Cemetery Manager in the Manager’s absence.
- Assists in coordinating office and grounds personnel to assure efficient and effective operations.
- Monitors and analyzes office workflow and makes recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Investigates and resolves operational problems and complaints or refers to Cemetery Manager as appropriate.
- Counsels cemetery patrons making pre-need and at-need burial arrangements.
- Prepares and processes a variety of documents including contracts, invoices, receipts, permit and other forms.
- Assists cemetery patrons at the counter, on the telephone and in writing.
- Receives and counts cash payments and processes for deposit according to established procedures.
- Understanding of Liturgy Planning.
- Operates office equipment including typewriter, copier, computer terminal and calculator.
- Assists the Cemetery Manager in planning, organizing and directing day-to-day operations and activities at the cemetery.
- Trains and provides work direction to office support staff.
- Provides specialized information concerning cemetery policies and procedures, available product lines, locations and costs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience likely to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, typically:
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Coursework in accounting, business administration or social science. Experience with public relations or customer service.
- Three years of office/professional working experience in Cemeteries, or other professional office, desired.
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic accounting principles and practices.
- General principles of business administration.