Swissport is the world’s leading independent provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling.
Swissport PHX is offering competitive pay - $20.50/hr.
Swissport is an Employer of Choice! We offer:
· Paid Training
· 401(k) with Match
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Medical, dental, vision benefits
· Career growth
Responsible for the inspection, repairs, and maintenance of fuel facilities, transfer pipeline, and airport hydrant system in accordance with ATA 103 and Swissport policy and procedures as well as Swissport GPPM. Also responsible for interfacing with supervisors, into-plane operators, fuel facility operators, and airline customers.
- Ensure integrity of all Station Fuel facilities to include the fuel hydrant system through inspection and maintenance as specified by ATA 103 and the Swissport GPPM
- Train new employees as directed by Supervisors
- Document integrity of fuel facilities by completion of all ATA 103 inspection documents and preventative maintenance as well as reoccurring maintenance documents
- Perform and repair of inspections and preventive maintenance on all Station Fuel systems
- Complete corrosion control for transfer pipeline, hydrant system piping/ components, and fuel facility components
- Disassemble/assemble, repair, and/or replace fuel system components
- Inspection and repairs of the emergency fuel shut off (EFSO) system components
- Inspect and report deficiencies throughout all fuel systems including inactive pits, high points, and low points
- Coordinate, document, and report work that has been and will be accomplished
- Immediately report major findings of fuel leaks or major rust to Swissport Management
- Assist with clean up of fuel spills
- Clean and maintain the work area
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate Supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience in fuel facility/hydrant system operations
- Valid driver’s license and pass a color blindness exam
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in teams with minimal supervision
- Have mechanical aptitude and work good with hands
- Must be able to purchase personal tools as specified in the Swissport GPPM
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.