The Barista takes and prepares customer beverage orders to brand specifications and customer requests. Essential functions and responsibilites of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirments and business needs.
Greets customers and takes orders; processes cash and credit card transactions
• Prepares and serves hot and cold beverages according to brand specifications and the customers’ requests
• Serves prepared food items
• Maintains knowledge of menu items and recipes to effectively service the customer
• Sets up and breaks down workstations, including cleaning and sanitizing
• Maintains appearance of location ensuring product is stocked to appropriate levels and all areas are properly cleaned and sanitized
• Maintains excellent customer service, anticipating guests needs
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures, including proper food safety and sanitation
• Maintains a positive attitude towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Ensures security of company assets
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
• Previous experience as a barista or in a related position preferred
• Demonstrates excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrates organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to frequently lift, push, pull or carry up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time up to 12 hours
• May require repetive motion
• May require working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and other at risk conditions
• May require walking from one side of campus to another regardless of adverse weather
• Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends