Title: Food Service Worker
The Food Service Worker is responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. Essential functions and responsibilites of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirments and business needs.
• Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
• Properly stores food by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
• Sets up work stations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
• Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes work stations
• Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers’ needs
• Replenishes food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
• Maintains excellent customer service and positive attitude towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
• Previous food service experience preferred
• Must be able to obtain food safety certification
• Demonstrates excellent customer service skills
• Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 25 lbs
• Ability to frequently lift, push, pull or carry up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time up to 12 hours
• May require repetive motion
• May require working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and other at risk conditions
• May require walking from one side of campus to another regardless of adverse weather
• Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends