The High-End Residential Landscape Project Manager is in charge of all execution and administrative aspects related with the construction of a project or group of projects, including: scheduling, workers allocation and dispatch, material ordering, equipment utilization, sub-contractor management, on-site coordination, billing, close-out procedures; and warranty determinations and fulfillment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to lift, push, pull, carry 80 pounds of material or equipment.
2. Ability to stand, kneel and/or bend for a long period of time.
3. Ability to withstand exposure to outside weather conditions: humidity, rain, hot and cold temperatures.
4. Ability to communicate through use of keyboard, monitor, cell phone and other technique devises.
5. Ability to see with or without corrective aids.
1. Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
2. Minimum 2 years of landscape construction supervision experience.
3. Must be able to work a 5-day schedule, may include weekends and holidays.
4. Highly motivated and detailed oriented.
5. Strong Leadership skills.
6. Excellent planning and organizational skills.
7. High level interpersonal skills.
8. Ability to perform time sensitive task.
9. Must have and maintain a valid state issued driver’s license as well as clear driving record and must pass a criminal background check.
10. Capable of reading and interpreting construction plans, detail drawing and specifications.
11. Knowledge of scales and units of measure, weight and volume.
12. Knowledge of plants and trees commonly used in Texas; and landscaping horticultural practices.
13. Operational knowledge of small engine landscaping equipment, skid steer and mini excavator.
14. Knowledge of basic irrigation design and operation.
15. Strong verbal and written communication skills (Bilingual-Spanish a plus).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage all aspects of construction from estimating hand-off to project completion.
2. Maintain client relationships on site.
3. Ensure project is completed within budget.
4. Coordinate work with builders, superintendents and other trades on site.
5. Dispatch and supervise multiple crews; and coordinate subcontractor’s work.
6. Coordinate material purchases and delivery to job sites with Purchasing Agent, Yard Manager and Foreman.
7. Coordinate truck and equipment needs with Yard Manager and Foreman.
8. Verify that all work is installed per plans and specifications, as well as quality expectations.
9. Utilize in-depth technical knowledge to design and implement solutions that meet customer needs; and support the company’s profitability.
10. Identify value engineering, margin protection and additional sale opportunities.
11. Document construction progress.
12. Request change orders as needed during construction.
13. Follow up and resolve outstanding issues.
14. Enforce company policy and safety guidelines.
15. Process time sheets and administrative paperwork.
16. Assist Accounting Department with billing information.
17. Assist Construction Manager with project close out procedures.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.