The Irrigation Technician is responsible for working as a team member under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Division Manager. The Irrigation Technician is responsible for executing irrigation inspection systems; in an efficient manner, promote worksite safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibit pride and quality workmanship.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to lift, push, pull, carry 50 pounds of material or equipment.
2. Ability to stand, kneel and/or bend for a long period of time.
3. Ability to withstand exposure to outside weather conditions: humidity, rain, hot and cold temperatures.
4. Ability to see with or without corrective aids.
1. Must be able to work a 5-day schedule, may include weekends and holidays.
2. Must be able to show proof of legal authorization to work in the United States.
3. Highly motivated, self-driven, and detailed oriented.
4. Must be professional in appearance and actions.
5. Maintain good attendance record as well as good punctuality.
6. Understands and adheres to company/safety policies, proper lifting techniques, and heat stress.
7. Must be able to properly, efficiently, and safely work with irrigation hand tools, and gas powered equipment.
8. Must be able to identify watering needs of commonly used plants, trees and turf in DFW area.
9. Knowledge of two-wire systems strongly preferred.
10. Texas Landscape Irrigator or Irrigation Technicians License strongly preferred.
11. Must pass a criminal background check.
12. If driving for the company, must have and maintain a valid state issued driver’s license as well as clear driving record.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Attend training and safety meetings and apply the subject matter to day to day task.
2. Follow directions given by Account Manager.
3. Work as part of a team.
4. Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
5. Identify, correct or report work hazards on job sites.
6. Must be able to safely inspect, perform preventative maintenance on small engine power equipment.
7. Execute lock out / tag out procedures on small equipment.
9. Cut and glue PVC pipe and fittings.
10. Run and connect irrigation wire.
11. Safely load and secure pipe and irrigation parts for transport in work vehicle.
12. Program, trouble shoot, repair, trace wires, on existing and new irrigation controllers and systems for commercial and residential accounts.
13. Repair drip hose and fittings, adjust nozzles and spray patterns on different types of sprinkler heads.
14. Maintain detailed records of irrigation maintenance activities, completed work orders, inventory and time sheets.
16. Communicate equipment, labor, material requests, and follow direction given by Account Manager.
17. Communicate and coordinate work with other trades on site.
18. Assist with accident and incident reports.
19. Identify utility line locations at job sites before digging
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Complete Landsculpture provides an equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, belief, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.